Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cool Kids: Fame Fresh Detroit, MI

While driving to the mansion to interview Fame Fresh of NoSpeakerz, I was thinking about producers in Detroit. When you think of producers in Detroit first name is J-Dilla then Black Milk, Apollo Brown, and Chuck Inglish. We have a lot of talented producers that are making good music around the world with big name artist. When I first met Fame, iRock, Bee Lee at the mansion they played some tracks for me and they were incredible. Fame showed me Coon Music early before its release back December. When I heard it I said thats #DopeAF. I asked him who made the beats? He says "I Did". After listening to the tape we got back downstairs and had Kush session wit Rock and D-Mo. While smoking we talked more about what they worked and who they've worked with. They told me that they worked on 90% of Obie Trice album Bottoms Up and also worked with Tone, Finally Famous, Nolan The Ninja and Dusty McFly. I was invited to the New Years party and had so much fun that I woke up at my house not even knowing how I got home. I chill wit a lot of artist but I consider Fame to be a friend who lives life full daily and  clearly doesnt give a f*** what other people are doing. In This interview Fame allows us to see who he is and what he's about as one of Detroit's newest #CoolKids. Check out the interview after the jump.....


Alius: Where are you from in Detroit?
Fame: BrightMoor, and yes it is a city people cuz I said it is. We got flags on the pole that say "Welcome To Brightmoor.

How was it growing up?
Rough. You'd wake up to a air sandwich and sleep for dinner. Hoopin till 9pm drinkin a whole 2 liter on the court.

How did you get the name Fame Fresh?
Mannnn I came with Fame back in the 8th grade with some friends called D4L "Dogs For Life" rappin. After that met Kyle aka iRock at Redford high school rap battling each other. Then I came up with Fame Fame, Peerless Fame. I had like a hundred names but Fame is what stuck from back in high school. If someone call me by my government you know they went to school with you.

What category is your music? 
Lifestyle Rap. Basically all my songs are about the lifestyle we live. All the songs pertain to what we do day in day out.I tell people what we do on a daily basis make music, drinking, smoking, and **** *******. We may run around and say coon all the time but we can adapt to any situation. We all from the hood but know how to be about our business period.

What Does Coon Music mean?
Means live life the way you want to live it. When people hear you sayin coon they think out here throwin money, kickin puppies and slappin turtles!

Alius: hahahahahaha

Fame: Really! They think thats what you doin. Coonin is going outside of social structure and what society views as what you should do.

How do you plan on breaking through into mainstream or do you plan to at all?Well as you know I'm a producer first. My mainstream producer side says do it and be like Pharrell or Dre. But I dont want my music to be altered. Keep it for the coons for them to have. My music is not meant to be altered. I wanna keep it how I did it. If I try to edit my music it takes away from what it really was. If came on the track and said b**** a hundred times that's how many I wanna hear and not any less. Mainstream industry makes people hate music. I dont wanna hear Black & Yellow ever again! When you get mixtapes, which are albums in my eyes, Section 80, Kush & OJ, KRIT Was Here, your not gonna hear them on radio ever. You only hear it when you playin it which make it fresh to yours ears every time YOU play it. The thing  is I'm doin one more album and I'm done, then its strictly producing and then Blizz is gonna blow up.

So you'll just be producing then?
Yeah. There is no age limit on producing but the age limit has gone up for rappers. Its about 35. I come from the era of when the old rapper wasnt cool at all. Now you can rap till you 40 a niggas not give a f*** anymore cuz its the cool thing to do now. Ill be 29 in June so I'm cutting it short at 30. the younger crowds like the 90's babies they lack leadership from an older presence. They only hang wit niggas they own age and then you get two niggas that dont know s*** together wont become s***.

Who do you wanna work with the most in detroit and outside?Its Some people weve worked with but nobody that were reaching out to at the moment. Were working with Royce 5'9 and Elzhi. The people outside Detroit would be KRIT, Wiz, Kendrick Lamar, Kid Ink, Curren$y, Pharrell, T.I., 2 Chainz, Jeezy, Travis Porter its long list man haha.

What music do you have playing when driving through the city?
Taylor Allderdice, 4 Eva N A Day and Coon Music.

What other ventures are you working on?
Est. 80 is our line with jewelry and clothes. So if you need something just hit us up.

What is the rap game missing the most right now?
Its not missing anything. It's really where it suppose to be that transitional phase where old fades out and the new breed of rappers and producers come through.

Where do you plan on being in the next 5 years?
The exact same thing except with more money, more weed, and more bitches

VIA ALIUS MAGAZINE

No comments:

Post a Comment