Tuesday, December 20, 2011

@Mik3yMicrophone The Moon aka Detroit,MI

Yo S/O to all the #Detroit atist doin it out here. We are on #8 of the #CoolKid legacy here hopefuly this will be a staple in Detroit.

A lot music has been given to me over the past few months and I give everybody props and say they music is dope. I love all music. Music is like a medicine healing any emotion and also being ride music, hype music, blowed music, just anything that puts you in that mood for what your about to do. I can say im a real consumer of music. I actually go out buy peoples music because I wanna support good music. Over the days I've been listening to some tracks from this #dope camp of artist. Their mixtape is called "Your Welcome". From what I hear so far these tracks are dope AF. Shit sound like some real low key blowed, ride music. Maybe because I was blowed and driving at the same time haha. Really the track I got from the newest #CoolKid @Mik3yMicrophone called "Karma" was that moment I said "I wanna hear more". The track is smooth and sounds great like some Cudi x Dot Genius stuff. They have high production value on there songs. You can feel the emotion in his voice that KxD effect (Kanye x Drake) is always a wild card. Barz+Production=Quality music. This track is definetly going in heavy rotation. I asked the dude does he have anymore and just like any artist who hons their craft he says "You'll have to wait to see". So I asked dude to do the interview and he says "I'm down whenever you are bro".

Here's the track again if you missed it





First man, I want to say that I greatly appreciate you guys for wanting to do this interview with a cat like me man. Its an honor and I'm humbled. I go by the name Mik3y Microphone, which I feel is a huge statement. The "k" and the "3" in my name forms a heart, incase you didn't notice lol, which i feel is exactly what i put into my music. My heart.

Alius: Where are you from?
Mik3y: I'm 19 years old and living back and forth in Detroit on Wayne State campus, and back out in Canton with my homies. I was born in Detroit of course and stayed for a little in places all over before moving in with my Grandma in Inkster. I stayed there with her until she passed, which forced me to move in with my pops. Thats a whole other story though fam.

Alius: What category is your music?
Mik3y: My genre in music I guess it would mainly be seen as hip hop, but I don't see it like that man. I make music that can be played in that Ipod that Jimmy owns, who is a Maroon 5 fan. I can make music that an old head would play in his buick. You know, I feel like I can make music that everyone will love and be able to connect to in some way. Thats all that matters to me man. Connecting with the people. Connecting with the world.

Alius: What does it sound like?
Mik3y: As far as my genre in music, I guess it would mainly be seen as hip hop, but I don't see it like that man. I make music that can be played in that Ipod that Jimmy owns, who is a Maroon 5 fan. I can make music that an old head would play in his buick. You know, I feel like I can make music that everyone will love and be able to connect to in some way. Thats all that matters to me man. Connecting with the people. Connecting with the world

Alius: What does your music mean?
Mik3y: That kind of goes along with what music means to me. Music throughout my whole life, has been an alternative world, in which I can escape. You know what I mean? I can listen to a Cudi song and just feel like my world im in is all trippy. Or I can listen to a Jeezy song and feel a hustle build up inside me. Its crazy. But, I feel that music is meant to paint pictures and worlds better than what we would normally see it. Music can save so many lives. Thats what I want. Thats what I need.

Alius: What other ventures are you working on?
Mik3y: Besides music, im working on a few things. Im trying to get my degree in social work through Wayne State. Everything else kind of ties in with music you know? I write up all my video ideas with a thought of trying to make a movie.
My overall goal in life is to be heard and change lives. I want it to be that when i do pass away, i'll have important world leaders and inspirational people at my funeral. That'd be awesome.

Alius: What are your goals in life?
Mik3y: My overall goal in life is to be heard and change lives. I want it to be that when I do pass away, i'll have important world leaders and inspirational people at my funeral. That'd be awesome.

Alius: What does Detroit mean or stand for in your eyes?
Mik3y: Man, Detroit stands for so many things man. Detroit equals struggle man. What I mean is it gives the world living proof that no matter how hard life can get, if you continue to hustle, you can be great, big, important, and beautiful, just like the city is. Detroit holds so many great talents that the world has yet to see. They will soon though. I know it.

Alius:What is the rap game missing the most right now?
Mik3y: I feel like the rap game is what it is man. Besides many of the great Detroit talents, i dont really feel that the game is missing anything. I say this because there are so many great upcoming artist and artist already in it, who are making us rap heads proud.

Alius:Where do you plan on being in the next 5 years?
Mik3y: Hopefully in the next five years I'll be in the people around the worlds hearts. Thats what I aim for.

No comments:

Post a Comment